A ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY!
The heading says it all, rarely do properties of this calibre present themselves to the market and 22 Stamford Street, Yeerongpilly with a commanding street presence has been admired by many over the years and now the opportunity to make the property your home is here.
If only walls could talk they would have so many stories to tell and one can only imagine what has been before. The love, the laughter, the family gatherings, such a wonderful home, such an interesting history. Built in the late 1800’s, this magnificent property has stood the test of time, being home to only 3 families over the last century.
Situated on a large 1,620sqm parcel of land and spread over 4 lots, the facade not only hides a history but a home of grand proportions ready for a new owner to call home and add their own stamp and style inside and out. Perfectly elevated to take in the views through to Tennyson, Mt Coot-tha and if you built into the roof space you would have magnificent city views. There is a flat 470sqm block to the left that could be subdivided without having to move the house. The home has also been painted inside and out and has a new roof, but ready for someone to add their own bathroom and kitchen design.
Wide and welcoming verandas precede an elegant and spacious interior full of the charm and character of yesteryear. The upper level retains the traditional character features with soaring 14-foot ceilings, ornate archways, VJ's, breezeways, honey coloured wooden floorboards, casement windows and fireplaces. Enter via the grand hallway which leads you past the formal living room, sitting room, sunroom and casual dining space on the left through to the formal dining room at the end and the separate kitchen,. Three of the four bedrooms are located on the right-hand side of the hall, away from the living space with the master bedroom opening on to the front veranda through the French doors.
Downstairs is perfect for dual living, a teenagers’ retreat or even a home office if needed. On this level there is a spacious living area that flows out to the covered patio, a separate dining room, second kitchen, bathroom and two bedrooms. There is also a large double garage with remote door, lots of storage and a separate free standing garage or work shed - so 3 car garage in total. Established Jacaranda and Frangipani trees provide a beautiful backdrop.
Yeerongpilly is ideally located offering easy access to the Major Hospitals, Major Universities, Prestige Private Schools, QLD Tennis Centre & shops; just a bike ride to the Green Bridge; and walking distance to Yeronga Primary & High Schools, tennis courts, parks, train and bus, Yeerongpilly offers an outstanding lifestyle only 5km to the CBD.
22 Stamford St Yeerongpilly is more than just a house, it is a home and this is your opportunity to create your families future.
Outstanding features of 22 Stamford St, Yeerongpilly at a glance:
- Rare 1,620sqm block on 4 lots
- 470sqm, flat lot to the left of the property could be subdivided without moving the house
- 6 bedrooms - 4 upstairs, 2 downstairs
- 2 bathrooms - one on each level
- 2 large sleep outs perfect for studies / playrooms or areas to create walk-in robes or ensuites
- 2 kitchens, one on each level
- Formal lounge with fire place, sitting room, meals room, formal dining, and sitting room all on the upper level
- Lower level has a 2nd kitchen, 2 bedrooms, living, dining and bathroom
- Double garage with remote, oodles of storage + a third lock up garage or work shed
- An entry on each level perfect for dual living, home office or teenagers retreat
- Beautiful covered veranda’s
- Lock up breezeway
- Gorgeous character features of fireplaces, high ceilings, VJ’s, archways, breezeways, French doors & wooden floorboards
- Within easy access to the Major Hospitals, Major Universities, Prestige Private Schools, QLD Tennis Centre & shops
- Just a bike ride to the Green Bridge connecting you to UQ
- Walking distance Yeronga Primary & High School, tennis courts, Yeronga Park Swimming Pool, parks, train & bus
- Only 5km to the CBD
Call Jane Elvin to discuss this once in a lifetime opportunity further.