If only walls could talk, 38 Soden Street, Yeerongpilly would have so many stories to tell and one can only imagine what has been before. The love, the laughter, the family gatherings, such a wonderful home, such an interesting history..."Murilla" built around 1922 has stood the test of time. The name ‘Murilla’ has significance in that it was a shire on the Darling Downs where the current family’s Grandfather, Hon JAJ Hunter served as a Federal Member in the 1920’s.
This Grand Old Lady was built by Mr Soden for Judge McCracken, with the street then named after the builder. The second owner of the property, Lincoln Hunter a Pastoralist took up residence in 1958 with his wife and large family, and the children are now selling the family estate. The early home owners tell of cattle yards, a creek and aboriginal camps south of South Street back in the 1920’s, all lovely history and memories.
Behind the facade not only hides a history but a home of grand proportions ready for a new owner to call home and add their own stamp and style. A wide and welcoming enclosed veranda leads into the spacious interior full of the character of yesteryear. A large lounge room with fireplace, dining room and music room / sitting room / library are all on the upper level with hallways, nooks and crannies adding to the charm. Towering plaster ceilings on the upper level, legal height on the lower level, exposed timber work, stained glass doors, stained glass casement windows, picture railings, wooden floorboards under the carpets…all the features we love and expect from Queenslanders.
Spread over 2 full levels of living with 4 bedrooms upstairs (plus a study) and 3 bedrooms downstairs the lower level also contains a second kitchen and bathroom perfect for dual living, teenagers retreat or even a home office if needed. With a commanding street presence, situated on a large 1,012sqm parcel of Residential A land spread over 3 lots, this 7 bedroom Queenslander provides plenty of options to renovate, extend or just live in as is and enjoy the space.
Yeerongpilly is ideally located offering easy access to the Major Hospitals, Major Universities, Prestige Private Schools, QLD Tennis Centre & shops; just a bike ride to the Green Bridge; and walking distance to Yeronga Primary & High Schools, tennis courts, parks, train and bus, Yeerongpilly offers an outstanding lifestyle only 5km to the CBD.
Outstanding features of 38 Soden St Yeerongpilly at a glance:
- Large 1,012sqm Residential A block on 3 lots
- 7 bedrooms - 4 upstairs, 3 downstairs
- 2 bathrooms – one on each level
- Study or sewing room, or a perfect space to add to the master and create an ensuite or walk-in robes
- Separate lounge, dining and sitting room connected by hallways and beautiful stained glass doors
- Enclosed veranda at the entry, perfect to enjoy the daily sun and watch the world go by
- 2 kitchens – one on each level
- Fireplace, exposed timber work, stained glassed doors, stained glass casement windows, picture railings & wooden floorboards under carpets
- An entry on each level perfect for dual living, home office or teenagers retreat
- Within easy access to the Major Hospitals, Major Universities, Prestige Private Schools, QLD Tennis Centre & shops
- Just a bike ride to the Green Bridge connecting you to UQ
- Walking distance Yeronga Primary & High School, tennis courts, Yeronga Park Swimming Pool, parks, train & bus
- Only 5km to the CBD